Top Options for Completing Your Tax Return

You probably know that it's your duty as a citizen to submit your tax return and pay any necessary taxes that you owe. What you might not know is how you are supposed to go about completing and submitting your tax return. You do have a few primary options, so consider choosing the one that is right for you. These are the main options that you will probably want to explore so that you can complete your tax return.

Fill Out a Paper Form

One option that has been available for a long time is to fill out a paper form and send it in the mail. Some people have been doing their taxes in this way for a long time and are most comfortable doing it in this manner. You can print a paper tax form out and fill it out by hand. Be aware that you need to fill out the form very neatly so that it is legible. Also, be aware that if you submit your tax return in this manner, it may be long before your return is processed and before you receive any refund that you might be entitled to.

Submit it Online

Many people nowadays like to submit their tax returns online. The Australian Taxation Office has an online platform that you can use for this purpose. The good thing about using this platform is the fact that you don't have to download or install a software program at all; instead, you can use the platform online using your laptop, tablet, or smartphone. Many people find this platform to be pretty easy to use, so even if you don't have much or any tax experience, you might be able to do your own return. This is especially true if you have a simple return rather than a more complicated one.

Work With a Tax Agent

Although many Australians do choose one of the options above for submitting their tax returns, there might be a better option for you: working with a tax agent. Then, you will not have to worry about not knowing the tax laws and not knowing how to fill out your own tax form. Instead, you can count on the tax agent to do everything for you, so you can ensure that your taxes are done properly and that you don't pay more than you are supposed to. Just make sure that the person you hire is a registered tax agent for best results. To learn more, contact companies like Anthony Gigacz & Associates Pty Ltd.

About Me

Tim's Taxes: Transform Your Understanding of Taxes

Hello! My name is Tim. This blog is about taxes. I did my own taxes for both my family and business for years. Only recently did I decided to outsource my business taxes. I intend to write posts about outsourcing your taxes as well as other tips on reducing your tax burden, doing your own taxes and more. If you have questions about taxes, I hope that you can find your answers here. I own a small restaurant that I run with my wife Cat. We have two kids, Grey and Thomas. When I have time, I love to travel, hike and rock climb.


Latest Posts

23 June 2021
You probably know that it's your duty as a citizen to submit your tax return and pay any necessary taxes that you owe. What you might not know is how

26 March 2019
If you have to wear a uniform or certain type of clothing, like protective gear, for work, then you may be able to claim tax deductions if you have to

15 August 2017
Self-employed freelancers may often miss out on several tax deductions that they qualify for due to their limited knowledge about those potential tax